As per the history provided, hair thinning with hair loss and widening of the scalp are signs of FPHL or female pattern hair loss primarily due to genetic reasons, including a family history of FPHL. Other factors include hormonal fluctuations, dietary changes, dandruff issues, and vitamin deficiencies.
My suggestions ;
1. Blood tests are advised to rule out vitamin deficiencies and other fluctuations in blood parameters
I suggest you undergo CBC (complete blood count), Hb (hemoglobin), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, and ferritin.
2. Minoxidil 2 % solution 1 ml quantity to be applied on the area of hair loss at night only after cleaning and drying the scalp well. This increases the blood flow to the hair roots and promotes growth. They usually show results with usage for at least a year. The medication, being strong, should not be abruptly stopped as a cut off of blood flow to the hair root may result in a sudden loss of already grown hair. It needs to be tapered down each year. For example, first-year once daily at night, second year once daily for six days per week, third year once daily for five days per week, and so on. It requires usage for many years without abrupt stopping.
The medication may be avoided in case of a history of migraines and other severe underlying medical conditions.
3. Tab Keraglo Eva (mulitvitamins and minerals) once daily after food at night for two months. These are vitamins for hair growth
4. Kz Plus (Ketoconazole and Zince Pyrithione) lotion for dandruff to be applied twice a week.Use almost two teaspoon quantities mixed with water in a ratio of 1:1 and massage on scalp for one minute, leave for three to five minutes, and wash off. This lotion helps reduce dandruff and will not lead to dryness.
5. Consume more fruits, vegetables, and proteins. Avoid dairy products, fried and oily food, and sweets. Consume at least ten glasses of water a day.
6. In case of menstrual irregularities or changes in hormonal levels, you may require consultation with a gynaecologist to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), a common condition among women lately.
7. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and mesotherapy may be done on the scalp to enhance hair growth. They are superficially injected onto the scalp and done in sessions for at least six months to promote hair growth. For further details of the procedure and for doing the procedure, please consult a Dermatologist in person. They may be done along with the medication used for better results.
Kindly follow up with the blood reports for further treatment advice. I hope I can help. Stay happy, healthy, and safe.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. description it appears, you just have hypertension and no other problems. Firstly, just for hypertension, now beta blockers are not given as a first line medicine. It is given after calcium channel blockers (Amlodipine), ACE (angiotensin-convertin... Read full
.. your concern.
Please attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your condition and prescribe you the appropriate medications. For an itchy scalp, use Ketoconazole shampoo. And wash your scal... Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.