Q. Is it normal to bleed after getting the IUD removed due to suspected pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2022

I had an implant placed but suspected pregnancy, so I got it removed two days before. After removing the implant, I am bleeding, which is reddish brown. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

I would suggest:

1. Serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test. In case the test report is negative, do an ultrasound scanning, complete blood count, and thyroid function test.
  2. Take Folic acid as you have removed the implant and suspect pregnancy.

|