Q. Why am I having cracking and popping sounds in jaws and wrist?

Dr. Atul Prakash

My jaw pops and cracks and it has been happening for like two years. It used to be worse but it comes and goes. Also, when I move my wrists, there is a cracking or popping noise. Sometimes, my wrist locks and I have to roll it to fix it. Is this bad? I am a female.

#

Fingers popping is common and not considered to be a cause for worry. It, however, must be remembered that you should avoid popping them. Jaw cracking is another condition that as long it is not painful it can be observed, but if you have pain in the areas just in front of the ears when you clench your teeth or you feel a click, or you are unable to either open your jaw fully or if the jaw dislocates then you should see a doctor. Wrist clicking and locking need to be seen by a doctor to confirm that this is from a generalized laxity of the ligaments and not from an injury.

|