Q. Why am I having cracking and popping sounds in jaws and wrist?

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Nov 29, 2018

My jaw pops and cracks and it has been happening for like two years. It used to be worse but it comes and goes. Also, when I move my wrists, there is a cracking or popping noise. Sometimes, my wrist locks and I have to roll it to fix it. Is this bad? I am a female.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

Fingers popping is common and not considered to be a cause for worry. It, however, must be remembered that you should avoid popping them. Jaw cracking is another condition that as long it is not painful it can be observed, but if you have pain in the areas just in front of the ears when you clench your teeth or you feel a click, or you are unable to either open your jaw fully or if the jaw dislocates then you should see a doctor. Wrist clicking and locking need to be seen by a doctor to confirm that this is from a generalized laxity of the ligaments and not from an injury.

How to correct jaw discomfort and bite alignment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have jaw discomfort and a misaligned bite. I have not removed my wisdom tooth, and I have a habit of popping the jaw. I usually put my palm over the jaw near my ear, and there will be a pop. I have a gum tissue behind my molar, and I am unable to close my left side o...  Read Full »

What would you advise for clogging of ears and tinnitus after a flu?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 44 year old female, mother of 2, 165 cm tall and 75 kg weight. Two months ago, I fell ill with a bad flu (may have been also an acute viral infection) with high temp (39 degrees), probable inflammation in the sinuses, nose, and throat and sinuses pain. The first antibiotic (Klaci...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now