Q. I have pain in the right side jaw while having food. Why?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My right side jaw is paining while having food. On consultation, I was advised for physiotherapy. What could be the reason for it?

Do you have a question on Jaw Pain or Temperomandibular Joint Disorder?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Tooba Qazi

BDS
Dentistry

There might be several issues expected,

1. As you mentioned if there is only jawline problem, then you should have physiotherapy and warm massage at TM joints (tempero mandibular) at the junction of the ear when you open your mouth, it can be felt quickly. Do warm massage for 10 days, twice a day this will relieve symptoms definitely if it is because of the joint. Try not to yawn or open your mouth big, do eat with a spoon, do not have rice with hand. These will relieve jaw pain.

2. If the symptoms do not get better with massage and exercise, and you are having pain in some tooth, then you might be having some infection in the tooth that needs root canal treatment or extraction.

If you can provide me with OPG X-ray of your jaw, I can tell you the exact diagnosis and the treatment plan. Tell me about symptoms as well, do you feel more pain at night as compared to day time? Are you feeling hot and cold sensations? Tell me details so I could figure out the root cause of your pain.

Also Read Answers From: Jaw Pain Temperomandibular Joint Disorder Opg

Is it fine to get my wisdom tooth out when I do not have pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I had done an OPG. My dentist is saying to remove the wisdom tooth on the lower side of the jaws on both the sides. I do not have pain in the wisdom tooth. But I feel pain in the left side molar. My doctor has advised for RCT for that molar tooth after removing the wisdom tooth present o...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your OPG (orthopantomogram) shows that your lower wisdom tooth is impacted or tilted. They are putting pressure on the other molars. So it is advisable to remove them as soon as possibl...  Read Full

What can cause sharp ear pain while chewing food?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old unmarried male. I am getting very sharp and heavy pain in left ear side, inside center part of the ear, whenever I chew or eat food. This was started 4 days back. But, it was not that much noticeable and today morning it has increased. Please help.  Read Full >>
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ear pain could be either due to a dental problem or nerve problem, a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. If it is dental problem it has to be addressed by a dentist. The treatment is either tooth extraction or a root canal treatment. Hence, first kindly get exa...  Read Full

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full >>
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the impacted left upper canine, I have looked at your CBCT and OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A vital piece of information. The age of the patient is not available. However, according to the present data, the upper left canine is not com...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now