Q. How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
Published on Sep 10, 2016

I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whether this is related. I have attached my laboratory reports for your reference.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

• Taking Iron supplementation and being anemic are not connected to Jkb antibodies.
  • This is genetic and rarely expresses itself, so rarely seen. It is a rare immunological disorder and it rarely causes lysis of red blood cells in renal medulla due to high urine in there.
  • Now, if your child is currently doing well, then you do not need to worry as the problem in children does come when they are in the uterus.
  • The problem for the child as such is very rare, but may affect them when they are very old. So, no worries now basically.
  • Your doctor needs to do regular ultrasound scan during your future pregnancies to see how the child is growing up.
  • The good thing is as the levels are decreasing as per the report you need not do anything at all (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Please look at my reports and explain the reason for dizziness.

Query: Hi doctor, Please have a look on my reports. I have dizziness for the past 1 year. Kindly answer my questions below. I do not know how it could happen for me. Can this get cured with medicine? If not, do I need to get any surgery? Will it be a minor or major surgery? Is there any other way of treat...  Read Full »

Is it safe to travel with placenta previa?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, on my second scan (20 week pregnancy), I was diagnosed with the low-lying placenta. I did not have any bleeding or pain so far. I am going for my holiday in five days, and I am wondering if I can fly. Is it safe?  Read Full »

Can I travel by air during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had ectopic pregnancy last year and now am 11 weeks pregnant (normal). Can I travel through flight for more than 20 hours? I have thyroid. Right now my thyroid level is bit higher. I am on medication for thyroid.  Read Full »