Q. How to cure infection from Tinea cruris?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

I am experiencing a skin problem between my legs. There has been a lot of itching due to sweating and uneasiness for the last month which I am facing. Kindly help.

#

I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.

The itching is due to a fungal infection and needs proper care and treatment. It is a jock itch caused by Tinea cruris fungus. Apply Hydrocortisone or Clotrimazole cream. Take Ibuprofen and Claritin (Loratadine) orally after consulting with a specialist and with their consent. Use cotton underwear if needed, wear loose clothes, drink a lot of water, and avoid humidity and heat. You should not wander in direct sunlight. Shave the area timely and keep it dry and clean.

|