Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have itching and irritation in private parts. Please advise.

Answered by
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 31, 2018

Hello doctor,

I have itching and irritation in private parts.



Welcome to

Fungal infection is due to improper hygiene or excessive sweating.

Maintaining good hygiene will help.

  1. Wash clothes in hot water.
  2. Avoid sharing clothes.
  3. Keep area dry.

If you are not allergic to oral medications, I suggest:

  1. Tablet Terbinafine 250 mg once daily after meal for 15 days.
  2. Topical application of Sertaconazole 2 % cream twice daily for a month.

For more information consult a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Homeopathic Medicine for Ringworm or Jock Itch

.. the basic misconceptions about ringworm and its permanent solution .. ...   Read full

I have a terrible jock itch. How can I be treated?

Also, you have tinea cruris infection, a fungal infection ...   Read full

There is a lesion on my penis. Is that a tumor or is it due to scratching?

It is better to remove the pubic hair and then take pictures of whole groin and scrotal area and follow up ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.