Q. What are the reasons for severe joint pains involving different parts of the body?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I am a 75 year-old-woman with severe joint pains. I have had pain in my knee and shoulder joints for 15 years. However, recently I have had it everywhere, including my chest and ribs. I have used tablet Paracetamol, tablet Ibuprofen, tablet Tylenol, tablet Nimesulide, and tablet Aulin for pain relief. I am a hypertensive patient and on hypertension medicines. Also, my recent blood test reports show that my cholesterol levels are slightly higher.

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern and would be happy to help. Some cholesterol-lowering drugs can cause muscle pain and fatigue. Do you have muscle pains after you have started the cholesterol medicines? If you have multiple joint pains and not muscle pain, I suggest you get assessed for inflammation by getting some blood tests done to help determine the reason. I suggest you consult your doctor for more information on this.

Kindly revert in case of further questions.

|