Q. What causes joint pain, headache, and a running nose with blood during sneezing?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
Published on Oct 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I got fever a few days back along with joint pains, headache, and a running nose. Still cold persists although it has been a week since I got rid of fever. To my notice, while sneezing I noticed blood (3 to 4 times out of nearly 20 to 25 times, I sneezed).

Dr. Eriol Braholli

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

By the symptoms you are describing it seems like a viral infection (some kind of flu). Headache, joints ache, fever, and respiratory problems are common in this condition. Since you have a history of a week and the symptoms are back, bacterial infections of the respiratory tract as a complication may have occured. I would suggest you to have a complete blood count done, and throat secretions culture. If you have breathing difficulty, cough or chest pain, do an X-ray of the chest.

If bacterial infection is proven, a specific cure with antibiotics should be started. Until then you have to control your symptoms by a support therapy. Take Ibuprofen every six hours for the fever and pain, Vitamin C to increase the immunity strength and electrolytes (ORS orally). Have light meals, soups, and plenty of liquids. Feel free to ask again after the results.

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age

Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article