Joint Pain

Do my symptoms of soreness, stiffness and swelling of joints sound like rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Dear doctor, I have recently had a baby. I experience sore, stiff hands in the morning, swelling, hard bumps on the elbow. There is a history of rheumatoid arthritis in my family. Blood work is negative. Should I go to a rheumatologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems that you are suffering fromrheumatoid arthritis. This is more in females, having morning stiffness of the joint and improve during the day and presence of nodules over bony prominences. Yes, you need to go to a rheumatologist for proper eval...  Read Full »

Why am I having joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the joints.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have not mentioned which joints are paining and whether you have swelling of joints also. Your vitamin D level is low (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so you need to start taking supplements for it (capsule Lumia 60k) onc...  Read Full »

How to cure fever with joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother has fever and pain in all the joints. All types of RA TEST showed a negative result, and ANTICCP is negative. He did a Widal test. The Widal test showed a positive result. Please suggest.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your brother has a typhoid infection. He can take Ciplox 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin) twice a day, Rantac 150 mg before a meal and Multivitamin A to Z twice daily for 15 days. Take boiled water and light food which are easily digestible. Avoid eating raw vegetables. After 15 ...  Read Full »

Is there nothing that can be done about the pain from scoliosis and hypermobility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My height is 5'1" and I weigh 53 Kg. I have had pain in all joints. I also experience pain in the spine between shoulders and down to my tailbone since 2010, on and off. I have finally seen a rheumatologist. The doctor said I have scoliosis, minor spondyloart...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your doctor is treating you for Rheumatoid arthritis. However, what is not clear is the fact that how this conclusion was arrived at. Have they done these tests - ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid Factor blood test, Anti-CCP antibodies test? How long does the morning sti...  Read Full »

I have pain due to RA in spite of taking medicines. Please tell me what I can do.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with RA two years back and I am taking treatment for the same. My left knee is affected badly and the swelling is not coming down. Initially, I was not able to walk, but now I can walk slowly but cannot climb the staircase or fold my left leg completely. Recently I am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rheumatoid arthritis is not controlled which is evident from your high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) of 60. The reason for this is that you are not adequate...  Read Full »

I am taking Pantozec 40 and Augmed 625. Does Augmentin cause stiffness of legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a painful, swollen, reddish boil under my armpit two days ago. I went to a doctor yesterday and he put me on antibiotics. Yesterday night, when I took the antibiotics, after some time I got the feeling of stiffness in my right calf and thigh. My leg felt heavy and affected my wa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The antibiotic which you are taking does not have the side effect of myalgia and stiffness or joint pains. However, Pantoprazole may cause some times such symptoms. I think the boil itself can cause the myalgia and there is nothing serious. You need to complete at l...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for pain in the joints of fingers, knees, and toes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had very mild pain in my finger joints about 10 days ago. But, with due course of time, I also developed pain in knee joints which is mild to severe and also a mild pain in the toes of the foot. I am also having a headache. Further, I took Sinarest last night and in the mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes that clinically present with symptoms like joint pains and fever. The few conditions are chikungunya and rheumatic fever. A detailed history needs to be obtained and I advise you to go for blood investigation like CB...  Read Full »

What is the chance of me contracting HIV after protected sex?

Query: Hi doctor,I had a protected sex with a sex worker five weeks before. She gave me oral sex after wearing a condom, then we had vaginal sex with the same condom for about 10 minutes. Muscle and joint pain on legs started after one month of act. I also got cold with this. I had flown after which I got ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. You are not at risk. For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

Does Glucosamine have any side effects?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has primary symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. She takes Methotrexate 10 mg weekly and for her heart, she takes Nebicard 5 mg and Caat 20 mg. She has no flaring of her symptoms but random mild joint pain occasionally. I would like to know: Is she in remission? How do...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, she is in remission. It is defined as clinically or less joint pain and/or swelling with no morning stiffness. I suggest she can take Glucosamine. There is no interaction with the other drugs that she is taking, Common side effects of Glucosamine are diarrhea...  Read Full »

I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint. I suggest you p...  Read Full »