Q. How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Apr 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cycle? Should I have anything along with it? Is it fine to take birth control pills along with it to get rid of cysts? Please help.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

From your query, I understand that the cysts are not the PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). In order to remove the tiny cysts, you can consume Kalarchi choornam.

If you could get kalarchi (raw), remove the shell and powder it. Or else, you can buy it from siddha herbal shops. 2 g of kalarchi powder to be mixed with honey and consumed.

Since it taste mild bitter, you can keep one sugar candy or chocolate on your tongue after swallowing the drug. The drug to be taken morning and evening in empty stomach (before food).

The powder also can be mixed in milk or buttermilk and consumed. In Siddha, normally the gynecology related disease are treated with drugs for three cycles (90 days). Thus, you can continue the drug for 90 days.

Apart from Kalarchi choornam, you can also take capsule Nandhi mezhugu in the morning and evening after food for seven days. Next three days, drug free period. Thus total of 10 days. Again 7 days capsule + 3 days free. This is to be continued for three months.

During menstrual period days:

you should stop both Kalarchi choornam and Nandhi mezhugu. Both the drugs to be started again on day 4, after the first day of bleeding.

In some patients, Kalarchi choornam delays the periods. If it is observed in your case, stop Kalarchi before 3 days of actual periods.

There is no drug interactions between Kalarchi and contraceptive pills. Thus you can take together.

Please try to avoid preservatives and chemical added foods (packed food, juices, etc). If possible, continue yoga practice.

For the small cysts, these two drugs are sufficient. If you are planning for conception, but there are some problem with ovarian function, follicles, endometrium, etc., then there are other medications available.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Tackling the Time Of Menstrual Cycle Every Month

Article Overview: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting women.Adhering to a healthy lifestyle i.e balanced diet, physical activity,mental relaxation etc improves the ability to cope with pain.Pain killers can be taken as advised by your gynaecologist. Read Article

Dr. Gowrimeena

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting 40-70% of women in the reproductive age group. In medical terms we call this as dysmenorrhoea. This is associated with significant psychological, physical, behavioral and social distress. Usually it starts at the onset...  Read Article

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now