Q. I am having PCOD since puberty. How long do I need to take Kalarchikai to conceive?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Aug 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I have PCOD from my puberty. I have irregular periods. Now I am trying to conceive. I started eating Kalarchikai. After 15 days of consumption, I am feeling uncomfortable. I got a fever with a headache and back pain. Can I continue taking it? How long do I need to take them? Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is a hormonal disorder. In this, immature ovum becomes a cyst around the ovary. Further, it hampers the formation of a mature ovum. Initially, it can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices. Kalarchikai is a beneficial siddha medicine for PCOD. If you are feeling uncomfortable after taking this, then, you can stop this medicine. PCOD needs long-term medications as well as changes in lifestyle and food habits. I need USG (ultrasonography) of lower abdomen and thyroid profile investigation reports. Please upload it.

You can take Hyponidd (Cassia Auriculata with Curcuma Longa) two tablets twice a day with warm water and M2-Tone syrup 10 ml (Ashoka with Ashwagandha) twice a day before food. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Do regular kapalbhati and mandukasana as well as pranayama. Do these things regularly for one month.

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kalarchi choornam can be continued for a minimum of 3 months and to a maximum of 6 months. The heat and pimples might be due to PCOD itself. Some people develop flatulence (gas trouble) due to Kalarchi choornam. This can be prevented by consuming the drug along with (or a...  Read Full

Please advise ayurveda measures to get pregnant.

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD problem for the last four years. I have been taking Kazharchi kaai powder with honey for the past three months and observed a regular period. But, the follicles are not growing properly. The FS study revealed that the follicles are MSF (multiple small follicles) ever since has...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue the Kalarchi choornam. It should be prepared as follows. Kalarchi seed powder 100 g plus 10 g pepper. This will avoid the gas formation in stomach. Continue Kalarchi choornam until cycle is normalized that is three to four cycles and then stop it. Ku...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now