Q. I would like to know if I can take kalarchi choornam for PCOS.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2019

Dear doctor,

I would like to know if I can take kalarchi churna. I have PCOS with irregular periods and ovulation issues. I was on Clomid stimulation which was giving prompt follicle growth and ovulation but could not conceive. Now I am given FSH injectables for stimulation. Can I have kalachi churna when having these injections? Will they interfere with follicle growth? Also, my testosterone levels are high. What to take to control that?

#

PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is not a single disease, it is a group of diseases. It occurs due to hormonal imbalance, development of immature ovum due to hormonal imbalance and converted into a fluid-filled cyst. It leads to irregular menstruation and raised level of androgen hormones.

It can be managed through ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices. Kalarchi choornam is a Siddha medicine. It is widely used in PCOS. You can take this 2 g twice a day after meals.

Do regular Kapalabhati and Mandukasana as well as pranayamas like Anuloma vilom, Nadi shodan and Bhramari. It helps to improve your metabolism.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Eat fibrous foods and fruits as well as green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|