Q. Is it advisable to take Kalarchika for PCOD?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Can we take Kalarchika during periods as I have PCOD? I started to take it two weeks before but yesterday I suddenly had mild pain in the lower left abdomen. Kindly advice.

#

Kalarchika or Kalchikai is a well known Siddha medicine to manage PCOD. In Ayurveda, it is identified as Kuberaksh or Lata karanja. It helps to reduce the size of an ovarian cyst and regulates hormonal imbalance. You should continue this even in periods too. Pain or cramps may be due to irritation or constipation. It can be managed by symptomatic treatment.

Hormonal imbalance, pelvic inflammation, constipation, etc.

USG abdomen, thyroid profile, FSH, LH.

You can take Kalarchika powder 3 gm twice a day with warm water after meals. If bleeding is there then you can take Styplon two tablets twice a day after meals. You should take proper line of treatment of PCOD.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods, eat fibrous foods and fruit as well as green leafy vegetables. Do regular Kapalbhati and Mandukasana.

|