Keratoconus

How long to continue the eye drops after CXL eye surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She has undergone CXL surgery before a month. Due to pandemics, it is impossible to consult a doctor. After undergoing surgery, she uses Vigamox ophthalmic solution IP 0.5% three times a day and Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops IP five times a day. Is this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CXL (corneal cross-linking) surgery is done for keratoconus. Usually, antibiotic drops are given for four to six weeks and so you can continue using Vigomax (Moxifloxacin) two to three times a day for six weeks. Lubricant or artificial tears can be used for the long...  Read Full »

Does wearing glasses help to provide better vision for high myopic astigmatism?

Query: Hello, I visited my ophthalmologist and he didnt see anything wrong with my vision, but I, 16 years old who only suffers of myopia and astigmatism, have a very bad vision and difficulties to read just from 50 cm. This is what he wrote: Right eye 8/10 S +0,25 C -4.50 Ax 175 Left eye 8/10 S +0,25 C...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq. Your prescription shows you have High Myopic Astigmatism. Your ophthalmologist must have examined your eyes properly..Usually glasses prescriptions can changr upto age of 20-21 yrs so before that age no Laser procedure is done to get rid from glasses. So you need to wear gla...  Read Full »

What can cause blurry image, itchy eyes, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes. Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction? Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get...  Read Full »

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep regular follow ups with your optometrist and eye doctor for repeated refraction for every 3 to 6 months. His refraction will keep on changing till 20 to 25 years of age as the eye grows and the shape of the cornea keeps changing. The main thing is avoid...  Read Full »

Can I go for LASIK with high astigmatism?

Query: Hello doctor, I have -2.5 cylindrical in the right and -4 in the left eye and SPH is 4.75 in the right and 5 in the left eye. Can I go for LASIK? Will it be successful as I have high astigmatism?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important thing is to rule out keratoconus. Many corneal scan machines have special softwares to rule out KC With the information you sent in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I can see one suspicious thing that is Kmax 47.3. We need t...  Read Full »