Ketoconazole Cream

Ketoconazole cream is an antifungal medication used for treating athlete's feet, jock itch, ringworm, and seborrhea. It should be applied to the affected region twice daily. It is composed of Ketoconazole, propylene glycol, stearyl, and cetyl alcohol, sorbin monostearate with some other ingredients.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I had tinea versicolor on my right shoulder, which does not heal with medications. Kindly suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I had tinea versicolor on my right shoulder for the last few months, and I was on medication with Miconazole ointment for the same. Still, the white patches have not disappeared. What is the reason for it, and how long does it take to cure? Are there any complications?   Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query, and it seems like you are suffering from pityriasis versicolor. It is a fungal infection due to Malassezia furfur. Apply KZ (Ketoconazole) cream twice daily. Take tablet Fluconazole 450 mg single dose. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss wi...  Read Full »

Can there be any adverse side effects if minute amount of KZ lotion is ingested?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I applied KZ Lotion on my scalp. After washing my hands with soap, I ate food as I was hungry. I did not notice any lotion present on my hand but I suspect I had not washed my hands properly. I am currently on Warfarin. Could that minute amount of KZ lotion have adverse effec...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This shampoo has antifungal agents. They are as such, not harmful if taken in very small amounts. Now, if by mistake you have consumed a small amount of it, I do not find any reason to worry, as slight systemic absorption of any lotion or cream applied occurs nor...  Read Full »

What would be the best solution for my acne and seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne and seborrheic dermatitis on the face. Proactiv 3 step system has been used for a very long time which controls the acne. However, about 18 months ago, I started getting a red bumpy rash around the areas next to my nose and under my eyes. I then went to a dermatologist. He...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do you have severe dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, intense itching? Any history of photodermatitis? Prolong sun exposure, heat rash, etc.? Acne Rosacea? Aggravation factor for the same? Do you have dry, flaky facial skin or extremely dry skin? Do you have greasy s...  Read Full »

I have a rash on my face that has come back more aggressive than before. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and suffering from a rash on my face. The first breakout was around five weeks ago. I noticed a red spot above my left eyebrow after hearing a stressful news and eventually it spread to my chin and above my lip. I was at the beach and after around three days, the rash...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It could be seborrheic dermatitis or photodermatitis. Allergies may be playing a role. All these are visual diagnosis and the lab tests or biopsies have limited or no role. Seborrheic dermatitis is more commonly present with dandruff and similar rashes on the neck an...  Read Full »

How to get rid of fungal acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have fungal acne on and around my mouth. What to do to treat fungal acne?  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Photograph of face shows (attachment removed to protect patient identity) red raised acne located perioraly and no comedones. It looks like an allergic reaction to any skincare products or OTC steroid containing cream. Please mention if you have any itching or sensi...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my tight and itchy foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. I often get itching around the penis foreskin and scrotum. Maybe because the foreskin has become tight, it was easy to pull back earlier but not the same now. I took Forcan 150 mg and applying Keto B cream. Itching goes and comes back again if I stop Keto B cream. P...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Since when do you have this itching and foreskin tightening? Do you have diabetes or any other systemic disease? Do you have any discharge or any raw areas? Are you sexually active? Does your partner has a similar issue? Please answer these questions so we can ge...  Read Full »

I have some problem on my penis skin. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some problem on my penis skin. My age is 23 and I do not have any other problem. Today, I got my blood test done. I have attached the photos of penis for your reference. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and need some details about the problem. Is there any history of unprotected sexual intercourse recently? Are the lesions itchy or painful? How long the lesions are present? Did you take any treatm...  Read Full »

Treatment for fungal infection in the inner thighs.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a fungal infection in the inner thighs for more than a month now. I used Terbinaforce tablets. For a month now, I am using only Sebifin cream. But I cannot see much improvement. Can you please suggest me any better treatmen...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Fungal infections usually take two months to resolve completely provided you take proper dose of medicine for the prescribed duration. Terbinaforce (Terbinafine) is a good antifungal. Both tablets Terbinaforce and Sebifin (Terbinafine) cream have the same drug inside...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.