Q. Can I get positive effect on IBS by following keto diet?

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Does the keto diet positively affect and alleviate stomach issues such as IBS?

#

Keto diet is a crash diet, which means it can be done for a short period of two to three months or so. It can surely improve digestive issues such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) as it involves a very low intake of carbohydrates. But one must be careful in making the right food choices while consuming fats.

Avoid eating fried stuff. Go for healthy fats and proteins like whole boiled eggs, steamed chicken, cottage cheese, raw olive oil, and avocados, etc. You can include vegetables like carrots, peas, broccoli, spinach, kale, and mushrooms, etc. Do it for one month, and if it shows good results, you can continue further.

| 

I am losing a lot of hair. What treatment can I take?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old and having an extensive hair loss. The middle part of my head is almost bald. I am losing a lot of hair on the left. Currently, I have taken no medical help. I am also having black spots all over my legs and arms. Also, I have these little eruptions on my head and it is i...  Read Full »

How can ketone level be decreased in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetes patient. My sugar level in fasting is above 350 and I checked ketone in urine, it was found to be 4+. My height is 170 cm approximately and weight check found 62 kg. What can I do for ketone?  Read Full »

Could you let me know the seriousness of my dad's diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the blood reports. And, with that it was diagnosed as diabetes. Please share your opinion.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Nutritionist Now