Q. How to get relief from the symptoms caused due to kidney stones?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

My girlfriend has had back pain, nausea, and vomiting for over a month. The local doctor said it was a UTI, but it has been a month, and she is not getting better. I think it can be kidney stones. What can I do to help her recover? Please help, doctor.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

A urinary tract infection (UTI) does not last so long and is usually accompanied by a high-grade fever. In my opinion, it seems more like renal calculi (kidney stones). There is a remote possibility of some other intra-abdominal reason like appendicitis.

I would suggest an ultrasound of the whole abdomen and pelvis to confirm the diagnosis.

Do let me know once the reports are ready.

Meanwhile, I suggest that she can take antispasmodics and anti-emetics for symptomatic relief.

Can you please suggest some antispasmodics and anti-emetics for symptomatic relief?

#

I would like to suggest these medications-

1. Antispasmodic- Dicyclomine or Mefenamic acid.

2. Anti-emetic- Ondansetron.

|