Q. How to get rid of my kidney stone naturally?

Dr. Alka
Published on Aug 24, 2017

I have a kidney stone of 4.4 mm at the joint of the left side kidney to the ureter. I also have a mild swelling in my left kidney, while the kidney function test is normal. My stone was not detected on the ultrasound, but it is visible in the CT Scan. I had blood in the urine 12 days back, but not now. A mild swelling in the left kidney is still there. I also feel a mild pain in the left side of the lower abdomen and back. The doctor is advising me to go for a surgical removal of the stone as the swelling of the kidney can itself create problems. I am taking allopathic medicines as well as Cystone. What should I do?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

The urologist's suggestion is right. The kidney swelling can lead to a further damage in the kidney.

• The blood in the urine was due to a friction of the stone with the kidney surface. There is no blood in the urine now either due to a mild change in the position of the stone or due to the medicines you are taking currently.
  • The size of the kidney stone is a bit large. The average size of the ureter is around 3 to 4 mm. It is hard to say if it will come out with the help of the medicines or not. But, if you want to try taking the medications first, you can.
  • While urinating, watch out for the stone, blood or any other abnormality. If your stone comes out in the urine, you will need to get a scan done to ensure that it is completely removed.
  • In case of an emergency like an excessive pain, which might be due to the stone passing down the ureter, you can visit a reputed urologist nearby.
  • Start taking the following medicines for four weeks:
  1. Chandraprabha Vati two tablets twice a day with water after food for four weeks.
  2. Gokhru Kadha 15 ml twice a day with water, after food for four weeks.
  3. Tablet Neeri, two tablets thrice a day with water after food for four weeks.
  4. Punarnavadi Guggulu two tablets twice a day with water after food for four weeks.
  • Some things to remember:
  1. Do not swallow these tablets. First, chew them and then take them with water.
  2. Drink plenty of water.
  3. Drink coconut water and barley water.
  4. If you can find kulathi dal nearby, you can take it. Make a soup of this dal and drink daily or on alternate days.
  5. Avoid excessive caffeinated drinks, spicy, junk food, tomato, spinach, dairy products, etc.
  • Try all these things regularly and you are likely to see positive results within a month. Do consult me after four weeks regarding an improvement.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer. Feel free to ask more questions in case of doubts.

Revert after four weeks to an ayurveda specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Shall I opt flap surgery and bone graft for my loose tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe toothache and loose teeth. I used to chew tobacco for the past 10 years. I am getting severe tooth pain often and some blister in the gums. My upper sixth tooth got loose and was removed three years ago. I have been to a local dentist and they advised deep scaling, root...  Read Full »

What diet can be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 68 years old, diabetic, with chronic kidney disease, and creatinine level 5.96. What diet should be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level?  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now