Q. Is it possible to remove large kidney stones with ayurvedic medicines alone?

Answered by
Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2018

Hi doctor,

My husband's details: Age 46, height 165 cm, and weight 108 (overweight).As per the report, he was diagnosed with kidney stones.

  • Left kidney 26 mm in lower pole with enlarged kidney stone 213 by 116 mm.
  • Right kidney with 20 mm in mid pole with 118 by 56 mm size.

Taking medications:

  1. For BP, Amlokind 5 mg from three years,
  2. Thyronorm 25 mcg (three years back), 50 mcg (last year) 75 mcg current dose).

Now, the TSH reading is 3.33 UIU/mL, and creatinine is 1.0 mds/dL.

History: Gone through radiogram for kidneys. The urologist said that the left kidney enlargement is biological, suggested surgery, but with advice from elders at home, he went for ayurvedic medicines.

  1. Stones daily 2+2 morning and evening.
  2. Gokhsaradi guggul 2+2 morning and evening.
  3. Chandraprabhavati 2+2 morning and evening.
  4. Gokharu Khada 15 ml + 15 ml morning and evening.

He used it for 12 months, but from six months due to the workload at the office, he could not follow the diet properly and medication was uneven and job was mostly sitting, so his weight has increased by 4 to 5 kg in six months. His physician and urologist are suggesting for the removal of stones through surgery. I would like him to avoid that. So, please advice the best prescription for dissolving of kidney stones naturally. Thanks.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query and saw the attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The size of the ureter is around 4 to 5 mm and kidney stones are comparatively very large. Also, only some kind of stones can be dissolved with the help of medicine, not all types of stones. Which kind of stone it is, the doctor cannot tell it without examination.

As your husband has other issues like hypertension, and you have tried Ayurvedic medicine in the past for long, even if you did not take it thoroughly. I recommended you to follow the advice of your physician for surgery.

Because right now your husband's kidney function test is in the normal range. In case any damage occurs due to stone then kidney function can be disturbed. So it is better that you do not take any risk. If stones were smaller then it would be easier to remove them with medicine.

I hope you understand my point.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest ways to clear kidney stones.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full »

Will my kidney stone escalate my issues of high BP and diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. I have a high blood pressure since five years and type 2 diabetes mellitus since two years. I had a master health checkup last week. My reports showed serum albumin at 3.2, total protein at 5.8, and globulin at 2.6. The urine analysis report and the X-ray an...  Read Full »

Why am I getting recurrent kidney stones with stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many health problems. My gallbladder was removed two years back and now I feel pain in the left as well as right side of the stomach below ribs. I am also suffering from repeated kidney stones at the left side and also in my both arms, I feel some bulges sort of thing. Please s...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.