Q. My kidney is little bigger even after the passage of the kidney stone. Why?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 02, 2021

I am a 23-year-old female. I am experiencing sharp back pain for the past few months. I had a kidney stone on the left side kidney. Even after passing, I have a lot of pain in that region. On my recent echocardiogram, I have a growth in my kidney for an inch and there is no hydronephrosis. I had done fourteen CT scans last year and the report stated this problem. I have a lot of fatigue. I have an EGFR of 82. I have asthma, endometriosis, epilepsy, partial IgA deficiency, kidney stones, rotoscoliosis, ADHD, depression, anxiety, PTSD, PDNOS, schizophrenia, and cyclic vomiting syndrome. I am taking Pantoprazole 40 mg in the morning, Orilissa 150 mg in the morning, Epival 750 in the morning, Ability 6 mg in the morning, Haldol 1 mg in the morning and evening, Remeron 7.5 mg in the evening, Ketamine 15 mg or Diazepam, or Baclofen 10 mg or Lidocaine 25 mg suppository in the evening, Gravol 50 mg in the evening, Dilaudid 2 mg in the evening. I am allergic to gluten, fructose, NSAID, morphine, and azithromycin. I have this pain for a year. I am trying to quit Marijuana. Please help.

#

I understand your concern. I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a small stone and it has passed away now and it has left some swelling in that region. It takes time to get healed. Due to that, you have a growth in the left kidney. It is due to the swelling only. If you still have pain in that region after taking medicines, it is good to increase the dosage. As you are allergic to plenty of medicines, so we cannot prescribe medicine. You can consult your general practitioner again and ask for a higher dose and look for any pathologies if any there. Pain can also be due to endometriosis. If you are getting pain frequently, then I would suggest drinking purified water. Have a healthy lifestyle and take a proper diet with fruit juices and vegetables.

| 

How to Prevent Kidney Stones?

Article Overview: This article discusses the ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones. Read Article

A kidney stone is a common condition affecting individuals of all age groups. It is a recurring problem with approximately 50 % individuals experiencing a second episode. Though some people are prone to kidney stones, majority experience it because of their lifestyle.      ...  Read Article

How to Extend Your Healthy Life Years!!!

Article Overview: This article is all about your health and risk factors for major diseases that cause a reduction to the healthy years of human life. Everyone can spend a life, free of preventable diseases. Read Article

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I would like to start with a very famous quote of George Burns (1896-1996) "Death is not popular, it is not good for the complexion, and it leaves you with too much time on your hands". Do you know how many diseases are there to cause the trouble for humanity today? Yes, there are more than 100,00...  Read Article

Sleep - a Miracle to Healthy Life

Article Overview: This article highlights the importance of sleep and the consequences of a sleepless night. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Sleep Medicine Physician

Sleep is a word that is defined differently by different people. When a human is born, the baby is said to be kept sleeping for 12-15 hours, which is essential for his growth. But, as we grow older and older, the sleep pattern changes over time, and we end up getting only 5 to 6 hours of sleep every...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Nephrologist Now