Q. What does bilateral renal pelvicalyceal system and minimal POD actually mean?

Dr. Saloni Manwani

The impression I got from USG are bilateral prominent renal pelvicalyceal system and minimal POD collection. Can I know what this actually means?

#

Bilateral prominent renal pelvicalyceal system basically means slight widening of the area where ureters open into the kidney. Do you have any history of kidney or uretric stones? If so, it could be due to that. Minimal POD collection could be just fluid that gets collected after ovulation depending on when your last menstrual period was or could be a sign of an early infection.

I had uploaded all the test reports and prescriptions of my friend till date. Can you please suggest what actually the issue is? And as per your reply, my friend does not have any history of kidney or uretric stones. And as I know she had several irregularities in her menstrual period regularly.

#

From the records given (attachements removed to protect the patient's identity) the treatment that was given is for kidney stones. Even if a stone is not visible on the scan it could be there and that is the cause of her pain.The treatment given should work. For irregular periods more details would be needed like dates of last three cycles, weight, hormonal treatment, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any other way or scans to detect the stone's actual size to take necessary actions or treatment?

I recently lost one of my relatives due to a gallbladder stone which turned into gallbladder carcinoma.

I do not have the patience to let it be casual.

So, I request you to suggest to me the true clinical tests or scans to move further.

#

I am sorry to hear about your relative. Kidney stones are not like gallbladder stones. You can still get a CT pyelography done if you wish. Drinking plenty of water will help.

|