Q. What is the kidney report indicating?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Oct 04, 2019

My nephew is having left kidney size of 90x36 mm (moderate-gross dilatation PCs is seen (AP diameter of pelvis 23 mm) cortical thickness 5 mm and his right kidney is 70x28 mm.

Impression: Moderate-gross LT hydronephrosis (left side hydronephrosis with possible PUJ obstruction). Age of the patient is 2 years and 3 months, trying to understand if this case needs to be operated to remove urine. I am concerned that as patient is only 2 years old, does this really be operated immediately or can we wait for a few more months under monitoring.

#

There is narrowing of left kidney tube called PUJ obstruction (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He needs to undergo DTPA renogram to know extent of kidney function and degree of obstruction. If kidney is functioning fairly and if an obstruction is confirmed, it needs to be repaired. Age is not an issue as it can be operated safely after 6 months of age. Left kidney thickness is 5 mm, so it may be getting damaged, better to do DTPA scan and then go for surgery without delay.

Had D and C before a month. Should I continue Primolut?

Query: Hi doctor, I had D and C before a month and I bled for five to six days after that. I was given Xamic for three days and Primolut N for 21 days. I had brownish discharge 18 days after my D and C and then had bleeding for seven days. I am still spotting. My hCG three days prior to periods came 21 and...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As per me you should discontinue tablet Primolut¬†(Norethisterone) as you have already taken for 21 days. After 7 to 10 days you will have normal periods. Now you do not need any hormonal tablets. If you have any abnormal bleeding in next period...  Read Full