Q. What is the kidney report indicating?

Answered by
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Oct 04, 2019

Hi doctor,

My nephew is having left kidney size of 90x36 mm (moderate-gross dilatation PCs is seen (AP diameter of pelvis 23 mm) cortical thickness 5 mm and his right kidney is 70x28 mm.

Impression: Moderate-gross LT hydronephrosis (left side hydronephrosis with possible PUJ obstruction). Age of the patient is 2 years and 3 months, trying to understand if this case needs to be operated to remove urine. I am concerned that as patient is only 2 years old, does this really be operated immediately or can we wait for a few more months under monitoring.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

There is narrowing of left kidney tube called PUJ obstruction (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He needs to undergo DTPA renogram to know extent of kidney function and degree of obstruction. If kidney is functioning fairly and if an obstruction is confirmed, it needs to be repaired. Age is not an issue as it can be operated safely after 6 months of age. Left kidney thickness is 5 mm, so it may be getting damaged, better to do DTPA scan and then go for surgery without delay.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Had D and C before a month. Should I continue Primolut?

Query: Hi doctor, I had D and C before a month and I bled for five to six days after that. I was given Xamic for three days and Primolut N for 21 days. I had brownish discharge 18 days after my D and C and then had bleeding for seven days. I am still spotting. My hCG three days prior to periods came 21 and...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.