Q. My Klebsiella count is high. Is it of concern?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

I am feeling a discomfort sensation in the urine bladder (I feel like passing urine every time) since the last one and a half months.

USG and urine route are all normal but culture seems positive. Please let me know whether blood culture report is also normal. No fever and no issue in passing urine.

Currently, taking Alfoo and Bladmir 25 mg but discomfort is not gone. I am not on any antibiotics. Reports are attached.

Can you tell me wether urine culture report is normal? The count is over 1,00,000 for Klebsiella pneumoniae. The urologist told it is normal.

#

I have checked the attached files thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, we should clear the Klebsiella infection first and then watch for improvement.

First, I would like to know if you have increased frequency.

In order to clear the infection, I suggest Bactrim (Co-trimoxazole) 200 mg tablet every 12 hours for five days.

Culture will be repeated after one week.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|