Q. After going gym, I started to have pain in the knee. How to fix it?

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Dec 01, 2018

I started with the gym last week. I trained myself at home for a few weeks. After going to the gym, I began to have pain in the knees. It hurts me a lot. I am unable to do squats for a week. I tried to fix it, and nothing helped me. I do not know what to do. Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

It is common to have pain when you start an exercise programme after a gap. You can try icing the sore parts after doing exercise as well as do gentle stretches in leg muscles. If you are sore, take NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for a few days and then start again. Knee pain may occur due to chondromalacia patellae, and this may need more attention especially if the pain does not settle after a course of an NSAID.

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full >>

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your headache. Aleve (Naproxen) and Goody's powder (combination of Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine) both contain NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Piroxicam, Diclofenac, etc. Although NSAIDs are very...  Read Full

My 14 year old son has severe knee pain daily. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of a 14 year old son. Over the past couple of months, my son has severe knee pains daily. He has vitamin D deficiency, which I have been told may cause it. The pain usually starts after being in one position for too long. It only lasts for about a minute but the pain is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you suggested point towards chondromalacia patella, which happens to be due to the softening of cartilage behind the knee cap. I suggest you try taking the following. Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice a day for ten days after food. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, tw...  Read Full

How can knee pain be prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infe...  Read Full

Ask a Fitness Expert Now