Q. I am getting throbbing in knee every time I rest. Kindly advise.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I am getting throbbing in my knee every time I am resting. There is no pain just uncomfortable throbbing. Recently, came back from grade 2 MCL injury and ACL sprain. I am a female.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

I have read your concern. The throbbing pain is caused due to the activity you do like walking and standing, etc. The muscle gets activated normally during functional activities but in your case, since recovery has not happened completely you have post activity stiffness and that is giving you throbbing pain. Do strengthening exercises for your knee and hip musculature to avoid such issues and recover faster. As of now keep icing your knee post activity to avoid spasm and stiffness, thereby reducing pain. You need to have a good rehabilitation to recover from the injury. Kindly revert back to us with MRI and detail problems to help you design a good rehabilitation protocol.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|