Q. What are the treatment options for knee and foot pain?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also, I have pain in my right knee, especially in the inner side. This is only for the last two months I want to know whether I can do any exercises or stretches to improve the condition. Is there any other home treatment option for the knee and the feet?

#

I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint.

• As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain.
  • So, ultimately knee pain is due to the long term improper posture of the foot. Now, there is a friction process started and so you are complaining of pain.
  • But, I assure you that both the problem is correctable, as your age is young and good height with optimal weight. It is very easy to rehabilitate.
  • Strictly footwear correction needs to be followed. Ultrasound therapy for 15 days and IFT (interferential therapy) are recommended for knee pain and plantar fasciitis.
  • In case of home remedies, go for a regular walk and maintain slow, steady speed while walking, but should not avoid physiotherapy.
  • Take treatment for knee and foot pain simultaneously. Once the pain decreases, slowly the physiotherapist will start with gradual exercises including stretches, etc.

Uneven walking patterns and posture.

X-ray and MRI.

Physiotherapy.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|