Q. What causes someone to have pain in the lower back and knee while walking?

Dr. Lokesh

I have been having pain in my lower back and knees. The pain increases while I walk.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow a few instructions mentioned below.

1. Avoid lifting heavy weights.
  2. Avoid arching your back; bend your knees to pick up something from the floor.
  3. Avoid sitting for long hours.
  4. Avoid 2-wheeler rides.
  5. Improve your posture while sitting.
  6. Try to get up from your chair every 20 minutes, take a quick walk around, and then continue working. Always sit on a chair with back support.
  7. Do not get up suddenly from a sleeping position.
  8. Take rest if severe pain.
  9. Do hot fomentations locally over the affected area twice daily.
  10. Avoid activities that cause knee pain.
  11. If the knee is swollen or sore, avoid squating, kneeling, twisting and pivoting, jogging, aerobics, and dancing.
  12. You should wear a kneecap for support.
  13. You need to get your X-ray of both knee joints AP and lateral views and lumbosacral spine AP and lateral views.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|