Q. What is the treatment for knee pain, loose joints, repetitive sprained ankles and hip tightness?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

What can I do for knee pain and lose joints and repetitive sprained ankles and hip tightness? I am a 15-year-old girl, and I have major knee pain that comes and goes. It is always swollen.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

I would advise you to start strengthening your muscles by doing simple stability exercises and slowly progress to weight training. Have an adequately supervised session for a while to avoid any compensation of movements. Once muscles get stronger, you will get good support for the joints and may prevent pain and inflammation. Kindly get checked if you have any other parameter that causes joint issues like raised uric acid levels calcium levels. You may take medications if there is anything of that sort, by consulting a general physician. I hope this is helpful to you.

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint...  Read Full

I have pain in foot after ankle injury making it difficult to run. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my ankle three weeks ago and there is a pain somewhere behind the foot. I am able to walk and jog slowly but not able to run. So what might be the reason behind this pain and what should I do to start running again?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, it could be an improperly healed ankle sprain. Nothing to worry. I recommend you to kindly do a lot of icing frequently on your ankle. Keep stretching your calf muscles. Roll a tennis ball under your calf muscles. Do not force your...  Read Full

Are we undertaking the right treatment for ankle injury?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother had an ankle injury and she cannot walk. She fell down inside the house while walking and her leg is twisted. We have subsequently taken an x-ray and I have attached the x-ray for your reference. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother's x-ray grossly appears to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as a case of ankle sprain. Standard treatment for which is RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) therapy. It is rest the limb as much as possible, apply...  Read Full

Ask a Physiotherapist Now