Q. Kindly advice treatment for knee stiffness in osteoarthritis patient.

Dr. Alka

My father is suffering from osteoarthritis. He has stiffness in knees. Please, advice some good medicine for him.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. Take capsule Shallaki and give two tablets two times a day with water after food for ten days. Along with that visit a nearby Panchkarma center and ask for the procedure Janu Basti. It is also helpful in this problem.

Consult a nearby Ayurveda physician after ten days regarding improvement and for further management. I hope you understand my point. For more queries, you can consult me at icliniq.

Age-related changes.

X-ray knee if needed.

| 

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Do I have osteoarthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full »

Easy Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis (OA)

Article Overview: This article talks briefly about knee osteoarthritis and stresses on how you can benefit from special physiotherapy exercises for the knee. Read Article

Dr. Ankita Sharma
Physiotherapist

Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis that features the breakdown and eventually, loss of the cartilage of one or more joints. Osteoarthritis occurs more frequently as we age, the common age group of onset being 40 to 50 years. Osteoarthritis is referred to as degenerative joint diseases (DJD). Oste...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now