Knee Surgery

My 10-year-old son has knock knees with abnormal walking. Should we consult a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years old and he is suffering from knock knees. Although he is not having a problem playing sports. However, his stepping during walking is not proper which is quite visible when he walks. I had met a few orthopedic doctors earlier where it was told that these things auto...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you please send his photo while standing?  Read Full »

What causes a lot of pain and stiffness in the knee while crouching and kneeling?

Query: Hello, I'm looking for advice on a knee support , I had a menisectomy 10 years ago, and work as a roofer and I'm now having alot of pain and stiffness in my knee which crouching and kneeling all day with work. Struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods of time with work.  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Thank you for your query.As per the information provided by you it seems that you might have developed Osteoarthritis of Knee.Some of the clinical feature is pain,stiffness,swelling.I would suggest you to avoid any activity related to your occupation of roofing as it will aggravate your cond...  Read Full »

Please suggest an oil or ointment to control knee pain effectively.

Query: Hi doctor, This query is for my aunt who is 60 years old. She has knee pain (both) for more than 15 years. Initially, she used to get swelling around the knee and pain. She keeps taking injection and painkillers for pain for the last 15 years. Recently, she was ill for around three months with a ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take the following tablets: Tablet Tramadol 50 mg 1-0-1 for 10 days after food, Rabeprazole 20 mg 1-0-0 for 10 days before food, Shelcal (calcium) 500 mg 1-0-0 for 30 days before food, Wintogeno cream (Ayurveda formulation) which can be purchased from eBay ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to experiencing knee stifness and pain during physiotherapy after replacement surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a total knee replacement two months ago. Doctor suggested to put knee splint for nearly a month, and after that, she went to physiotherapy and her knee is very stiff now. She could not able to bend her knee, and having excess pain. Almost her BP is raising during physiot...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your mother had her knee replaced two months ago. I am assuming it is a primary rather than a revision. I will be concerned as much as you are as by six weeks we expect at least a 0 to 90 degree knee bend. By this, we mean that the patient ...  Read Full »

How can I avoid scarring during recovery from a plica removal surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a plica removal surgery six days ago. How do I ensure a good recovery, without scarring inside the knee? How much can I and how much should I exercise in this knee, and how?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plica is a tissue that remains behind when the knee joint is formed (from multiple small pockets). In some, it may be a very tough structure and cause rubbing when the knee bends. Once excised it will not grow back and movements will not make this worse. You are allo...  Read Full »

When can I start walking without any support after a PCL surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, Five weeks before my PCL surgery was done using a screw which fixed my left knee PCL with the leg down bone patella. After four weeks, my doctor had recommended me to start walking with a well-weight and try to bend my leg to remove the freeze. After five weeks, my doctor has suggested m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had a PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) injury five weeks back which was managed by a screw fixation. I have seen both your pre-operative MRI scan and a post-operative X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, you can continue with th...  Read Full »

I am unable to stand for a long time post knee surgery. Should I opt knee replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, I had surgery on my knee. During coughing or yawning, I get a sharp pain on the knee. I am unable to stand for a long time. It hurts a lot. My MRI doctor suggests me to have a replacement on the knee. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee seems to be arthritic, and hence the doctor advises for replacement. I need to see the X-ray of your knee so that I can take a decision. It hurts because of the weakened muscles. So you need to strengthen your quadriceps muscle by doing daily exercise under a ...  Read Full »

I had a PCL surgery last month. When can I start walking again?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I underwent a posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery, and the doctors fixed two screws in my body. The doctors gave me a knee brace after 15 days. When can I walk with the knee brace? When can I walk without the knee brace? Are the screws to be mandatoril...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your MRI reports (attachment¬†removed to protect patient identity). You can walk with the knee brace support immediately if the doctors have fixed the bone with the screws perfectly. It depends on the extent of the surgery. Most doctors prefer to wait for a...  Read Full »

What can be done for unbearable knee pain in elderly woman?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother started having knee pain and recently it is unbearable. We did an X-ray and the doctor gave her medicines but there was no relief for her. She is also taking medicine for hyperthyroidism. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother appears to have severe osteoarthritis which is wear and tear of the knee joint due to age. I hope she does not get recurrent fever and is not suffering from any other joint conditions. Considering the severity of involvement, she may need total knee replacem...  Read Full »