Q. Shall I continue my running with cervical kyphosis?

Dr. Thomas Jefferson
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have recent x-rays that support my chiropractor's diagnosis of cervical kyphosis. I have been a runner for over 10 years. Is it safe for my condition to continue running? I do not want to give it up.

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapy
#

• You may continue running, but before that strengthen your neck muscles for three weeks to optional strength so that your running does not damage your neck bones.
  • It should be a focused strengthening of neck muscles.
  • The drawback of your condition is that the shock absorption would be lesser than normal, but if you strengthen your neck muscles under the supervision of a physiotherapist, then you can recover.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

Do I have any postural defect?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if I have any postural defects. So I am sending a file standing straight at the stadiometer measuring height. By how much could I increase my height by fixing defects (if there are any)? I have read that anterior pelvic tilt may affect height by even 2.5 inches, s...  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now