Lack Of Concentration

How to deal with lack of concentration and procrastination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am disappointed about my failure in the job exam. My weak point is that I did not concentrate fully on my studies; my mind is flying here and there. Even, when I wake up early in the morning, I discover, my brain works whole night by thinking. And every morning I remember what had h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lack of concentration can be due to many reasons. From what I understand in your case is that you are under a lot of stress. When the brain is in stress, it tends to avoid the main task of finding relief by focusing on non-essential things. The first thing you shoul...  Read Full »

What are the causes for intense mood swings and reading problem with time gaps?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed recently that I am having problems with reading, and this has never happened before. I am usually good at reading but the other day when I looked at a paper and read it as "65" but I looked away and looked back, and it is actually "75." This has been happening a lot wit...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. Although it is difficult for me to decide what is wrong with you, without talking to you but considering your age and kind of presentation, the most likely cause for such reading gaps is lack of attention. This is commo...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression and I need help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from depression. I overthink, overeat, I do not have a proper sleep at night, and I cannot wake up in the morning. And always get late to work, I cannot concentrate in meetings and even in movies. I tend to sleep and feel sleepy throughout the day, I have no interest in w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right in saying that you seem to be suffering from depression. It is a mood disorder causing a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. The persistent sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of emoti...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Am I suffering from any mental disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I am not able to concentrate on my studies regularly. After approximately 20 minutes, my mind starts random thinking. Things like what should I do today evening, what are my friends doing currently and anything baseless. I am not able to study correctly. And t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is quite normal. Humans have an attention span of 45 minutes average (adults). Studying requires focused attention which cannot be consecutively 20 to 30 minutes. But you can divide your study time using study strategies as follows, 1. Commit yourself for 20...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be many reasons for this issue. If you always had problems with concentration, and not just while studying, but have a short attention span, it could be attention deficit disorder. If the problem is of recent origin and you are getting stressed out with t...  Read Full »

Can PCOD lead to unstable mind?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot concentrate on anything. My mind is not stable. I have my exams in next eight days but I am feelling like I do not want to give it because due procastination, I have not prepared well and it is because I was not able to study but now my parents are forcing me to give that exa...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD does lead to some hormonal disturbance, do you have any symptoms of PMS? Premenstrual syndrome? Because that might be an explanation of your mood swings and irritability. As for the lack of concentration issue, start small with some breathing exercises and relaxat...  Read Full »

How to overcome the unwanted sex I had?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am straight but yesterday I had anal sex with my friend. I feel I took wrong decision. It is remembering me a lot. I want to forget that. My mind is not concentrating now. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it has been done against your wish, you can take legal help. Are you intoxicated that time, or under any threat? Is there any injury or pain? Have you used condom? If done with your consent, just driven by impulse, not need to get in guilt. Some time accident hap...  Read Full »

I lack concentration due to overthinking and negative thoughts. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I overthink a lot. Because of that, I have doubt and negative thinking about my loved ones especially my fiance. I am not able to either concentrate on my studies. I am not able to follow my goals, and I get distracted very easily. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It is essential for you to trust your partner for a healthy relationship. Otherwise, it will get ruined. Just keep faith in him. Spend quality time with him. Make good memories with him. Start doing exercise daily for 30...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for lack of concentration and motivation in studies?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always been naturally motivated to study, and I used to be able to concentrate and focus on my studies exceptionally well. Last year, I joined college, and the schedule was very hectic. Classes were from 6 AM to 6 PM, and then I used to study till midnight. This was my schedule...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any precipitating cause for such problem like loss of money, relationship problem, family issue. Have you started Modalert before your concentration problem have arisen? It is an activator type of drug but create an anxious feeling and can decrease concentra...  Read Full »

I am having memory and concentration issues with sensation loss. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was in the hospital and thought I may have had a small stroke. But I did not. The MRI showed some white tissue changes. Since I got out three weeks ago I have had problems with dull senses and memory and concentration issues. It is causing a lot of anxiety. In the evenings I do seem...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to a stroke. Low blood perfusion to the brain could mimic this clinical situation. Anxiety too. White matter changes could be related to different possible causes: chronic arteri...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.