Lack Of Concentration

I am suffering from depression and I need help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from depression. I overthink, overeat, I do not have a proper sleep at night, and I cannot wake up in the morning. And always get late to work, I cannot concentrate in meetings and even in movies. I tend to sleep and feel sleepy throughout the day, I have no interest in w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right in saying that you seem to be suffering from depression. It is a mood disorder causing a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. The persistent sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of emoti...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be many reasons for this issue. If you always had problems with concentration, and not just while studying, but have a short attention span, it could be attention deficit disorder. If the problem is of recent origin and you are getting stressed out with t...  Read Full »

How to help my 7-year-old son to concentrate on online classes?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 years 10 months son is not concentrating on online classes. Before he used to complete the homework, now he cannot write even small words. He keeps on thinking something, and always mumbling something. When online class started, he was attentive for a month, then he has became wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your feelings. More screen time create irritability in children and adult also. For better development of a child, he needs all favorable environments like social, educational, spiritual, recreational, etc. In COVID-19 time sociality is entirely lo...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest a diet chart so that I can study properly and stop gaining weight?

Query: Hlw dr. I m a student. I always feel very lazy n whenever i start studying i feel sleepy n get onto bed. My exams are coming n i m unable to control my sleeping. Please help me with some diet chart so that i can study properly n dur to improper diet my weight increased alarmingly.  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. For your height, you just have to decrease 2-3 kgs. You can avoid on all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sweets, fried stuffs, alcohol and tobacco. Don’t store any kind of junk foods at home . That way you can control eating it. Follow a simple mantra...  Read Full »

Will sinus fluid retention cause brain fog, tension headache and concentration issue?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past eight months, I have been struggling with brain fog, tension headache, fatigue, and inability to concentrate. I have been trying to identify the source of my problems with no luck. An MRI of the brain coincidently showed fluid retention in the left maxillary sinus, so I have...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is some mucosal thickening in the left maxillary sinus and some inflammation in both posterior ethmoid sinuses. The nasal passage are very much compromised. The turbinates are hypertrophied....  Read Full »

How to overcome guilt, depression and lack of concentration due to excessive masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am a student and I am excessively addicted to masturbation. I cannot concentrate in fact I started doing sex with my partner regularly. I just treat her as satisfactory material and this causes a deep regret in me. I am not good at studies anymore as well as I just c...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. First of all, it must clear to you also that it is harmless practice, which is done by almost 100%male and 70% of females in there lifetime. I mean it common in your age. Do not feel guilty, this activity will not affect your married l...  Read Full »

Why do I tend to forget more easily though I work hard?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old and six feet tall. My IQ is very good. I can easily understand even difficult concepts of science but tend to forget quickly. My memory has continuously decreased over the last four or five years. I am preparing for a competitive exam. I forget things very quickly. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problems. Your memory issues are due to lack of concentration and lack of concentration is due to your stressful preparation of competitive exam. I will suggest you to take vitamin B12 injection which will boost your memory. Tell me something abou...  Read Full »

What is the reason for disinterest in activities with less concentration and loneliness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I am not interested in performing any activity, very low concentration in studies, sleep a lot, sad mood, behavior like not interested in attending the social program, not to talk, difficulty in sharing the feeling, emotions, difficulty in trusting others, e...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. Decreased interest in almost all activities, decreased social interaction, sadness, increased sleep, loss of concentration are features that clearly indicate a major depressive disorder. The condition is clearly treata...  Read Full »

How to deal with lack of concentration and procrastination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am disappointed about my failure in the job exam. My weak point is that I did not concentrate fully on my studies; my mind is flying here and there. Even, when I wake up early in the morning, I discover, my brain works whole night by thinking. And every morning I remember what had h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lack of concentration can be due to many reasons. From what I understand in your case is that you are under a lot of stress. When the brain is in stress, it tends to avoid the main task of finding relief by focusing on non-essential things. The first thing you shoul...  Read Full »

What are the causes for intense mood swings and reading problem with time gaps?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed recently that I am having problems with reading, and this has never happened before. I am usually good at reading but the other day when I looked at a paper and read it as "65" but I looked away and looked back, and it is actually "75." This has been happening a lot wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. Although it is difficult for me to decide what is wrong with you, without talking to you but considering your age and kind of presentation, the most likely cause for such reading gaps is lack of attention. This is commo...  Read Full »