Q. I want to pursue my education after having second baby. Is it fine?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Published on Nov 04, 2019

I am 27 years old, with two daughters. My life seems like sucked up, no income as I decided to go to University last year, as I could not finish 6 years ago. Feeling like a loser, hating myself as after giving birth to my second daughter (she is 7 months now) have become very fat and ugly. Was it a right time going back to university with my small child? Will my husband still love me? Will I be beautiful again? Will I succeed?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

You are motivated and want to work towards a better life but looks like you are troubled by self-doubts and confidence appears to be low at present. You have already taken the important first step in acknowledging the problem and trying to get some advice. You have the drive to succeed in your endeavours. It is natural to feel stressed trying to balance family life with university commitments on a tight budget. Anyone in your position will feel the same.

Try to get some support to help you look after your children. Can your husband or grandparents help? Do not feel guilty or think it is wrong about going back to University. You are doing it for better long-term prospects for yourself and your family. Just try to get some practical support. Always spend some quality time with children and have fun daily. Try to exercise atleast 20 minutes daily. It will help you to regain your physical fitness and also improve your confidence and emotional wellbeing. Keep having regular talks, discussion with your husband about your feelings and aspirations. Also talk to a trusted friend and family member who can understand your journey and mentor you towards a fulfilling life. Take care.

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Inamdar Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

Why cannot I speak out against difficult people?

Query: Hi doctor, My writing skill is very strong but verbally I cannot protest at all against difficult people. My verbal communication skill is proper and organized if and only if I am focused and conscious at that moment. Otherwise, I tend to be unprofessional and non-intelligent in speaking. Even when ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, it happens because of low self-esteem. Hence, you need to work on it. You need aversion therapy. You do not have to interfere in other's rights but, other side you have to stand for your rights. Do not be very cruel or too innocent, and then people will start...  Read Full

What exercise precautions are needed for someone who is not on blood thinners?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an accredited exercise physiologist currently working with a client who is taking blood thinners. Recently, the client will be going for oral surgery and has to stop taking the blood thinners five days in advance.  The client will be completing one last exercise session with me o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the age of your patient and whether he is hypertensive. I would advise you to ask your patient to avoid any exercise that would result in an impact e.g. jumping, boxing, or exercises involving the use of weights or resistance bands. These forms of ...  Read Full