I am highly demotivated, not able to sleep at night, and I do not have a stable mind. Why?

Q. What could be causing a lack of sleep at night, demotivation, and an unstable mind?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I do not have a stable mind and I need help. I am not able to sleep at night and I am highly demotivated. I cannot able to work on anything.

#

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist.

I can understand your situation.

You may have major depressive disorder due to underlying stress. There is non-pharmacological management and you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.

1. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes like at least going for a walk. It will help you to increase your motivation and will improve your sleep.

2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. It will reduce your panic attacks and calm you.

3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods.

4. You must drink enough water.

5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily.

6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

7. You should take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.

8. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.

9. Live your life, do not just spend it.

10. Be bold and confident.

11. You must treat your thyroid disorder. If it is still abnormal, then it will worsen your mental illness.

12. If you have severe symptoms for a long duration then you need to start the medication to treat your depression.

I hope that you get your answer.

Please, let me know if you want some help.

The investigations include CBC (complete blood count), thyroid profile, vitamin B12, vitamin D3.

|