Q. My fiance and I have worms in our stools and feel something crawling under our skin. Why?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

My fiancé and I moved to a new home and did the renovation five days ago. By the time we both developed skin rashes that looks like scabies, and our four children are safe. We used pinworm ointment and scabies medications to treat it. Symptoms are progressive. My fiancé and I can see and feel it under our skin. All six of us have worms in our stool. My arms and legs go numb when they start moving in the evening; my hands turn purple. I have videos and photos of this. We are freaking out. The hospital turned us away, saying it was nothing. My entire body is hurting. We all took pinworm medication last night. I know this is multiple things, and no one can tell us what it is. Would you please help us? My children are developing similar symptoms every day that passes.

#

I can understand the reason for your anxiety regarding this problem.

The pinworm does not infect skins; it is usually found in stools. You and your family are infected with two types of worms: pinworm, which is often found in the stool, and another worm in the skin is a roundworm called larva migrans that seem to crawl in the skin, eyes, and internal organs of the body.

I suggest you and your family take tablet Albenza (Albendazole) 200 mg twice daily for five days. If you have pets in your home, they also need deworming, and for that, you need to visit a veterinary doctor. Maintain proper hand hygiene and good home cleaning to prevent this reinfection.

Keep using scabies lotion since it is uncommon to have an infection from mites and worms at the same time.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Are the medicines prescribed the same for everyone in my family? I have kids of 1-year, 3-years, 8-years, and 9-years old with my fiancé there are six of us.

Give your opinion.

#

Do not give the medicine to a 1-year-old child. The rest of you can take this medication.

For the child, prevention is sufficient.

|