Q. Why do I have a sensation of a lump in the throat with some swallowing problems?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I have a sensation of a lump in the throat, occasional nausea and some challenges swallowing. This has gone on for close to 3 months.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# welcome to icliniq. please capture a photo for your throat using your mobile phone camera and send it to me.
do you have a reflux in the form of burning sensation in your chest or your stomach?
do you have a bitter taste in your throat when waking up at the morning?
I need to see all the reports of the investigations you had.

| 
Please find the image from my ENT exam attached. I dont get heartburn often. I do have more of a sweeter taste in back of my throat when I wake up.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# there is not any photo appear here. I will call the customer service of the app then come back to you.they will contact you to send images again. this may take 15 minutes

| 
--file attached--

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# I received the photo. the larynx looks away from any thing cancerous..the right vocal cord looks thicker than the left one but it is not dangerous specially you donot have any complaint related to your voice or to being chocked.
my answer didnot finish yet. just give me some minutes

| 
Does is look like LPR?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
# lpr is mainly a clinical disease depending on the patient complaint. you donot have the sense of reflux daily, you donot experience chocking attacks, you donot have a bitter taste in your mouth.
but I advice you to use a proton pump inhibitor once daily before breakfast to decrease gastric acidity because of your increased stress and anxiety.
avoid smoking and alcoholics. avoid spicy foods.

| 

Is there anything I can do to help ease my sore throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a sore throat for eight days. I have tried over the counter throat drops, throat sprays but nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do and is it just a sore throat?  Read Full »

I have nausea and burning pain in abdomen. Please provide advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 45 kg, 5 feet one inch. I have nausea, slight pain and burning sensation in upper left abdomen, and discomfort on the left side of the abdomen. I am currently on Dolgina, Librax, Calbo.  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »