Lasek Surgery

What is cylindrical eye power?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4 years and 10 months old. He has -2.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes. Is it possible for his eyesight to recover? Is this a serious condition at this age? Can it be improved with a diet? Are there any precautions I must take? Could it be due to excessive use of phones and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bachar Khoury

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, his eyesight will not return to normal. But his vision can be corrected with a LASIK surgery after he turns 18. It is not a serious condition. It cannot be improved with diet. You can ensure he takes breaks when reading and watching television. For more ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to apply MMC in LASEK surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, Is applying MMC in LASEK surgery safe enough? Concerning risk with corneal opacity from LASEK vs corneal 370 µm left after LASIK, which is greater?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Applying MMC (Mitomycin-C) in LASEK is safer and in many studies, it has not caused any problems. So, you need not worry. Coming to your second question, LASIK with 370 µm left, is very safe as we take the safety level as 250 µm. Hence I feel LASIK risk ...  Read Full »

Is it alright to have sex three days after a laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pan-retinal photocoagulation laser (PRP laser) in my retina about three or four days ago. Can I have sexual intercourse after this treatment or is it safer to wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can involve in sexual activities. This particular laser treatment has no relation with intercourse. I hope this helps. Regards. For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologis...  Read Full »

Does laser surgery cause dry eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had laser surgery on both my eyes 15 years back, and it was not very successful. My eye sight power came back along with the cylindrical power. My power has been stable for the last 10 years. Now my vision has become 6/4. But, I found out that I have dry eyes ever since. If I use ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Dry eye syndrome also called as sicca syndrome is due to the inability of the tear glands to produce enough tears. It is sometimes associated with dry mouth and positive antibodies like anti-Ro and anti-La, in which case, it is called Sjogr...  Read Full »