Lead Poisoning

What are the long term effects of lead toxicity?

Query: I am a 22 y.o. female. I used lots of lead containing jewelry and accessories as a child, plus dinnerware that may have contained lead. Family members also used lead containing items in the house. No blood lead level tests were ever done on me. It has been 10 years since the bulk of the exposure, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq Actually ma’am when you have lead poisoning or toxicity some symptoms develops like rashes on neck itching etc. You can do blood test before conceiving pregnancy. So if there are some then your doctor will prescribe medicine which will help you and mostly it won’t transfer ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for severe abdominal pain in gallbladder and pelvic area?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER for severe upper abdomen pain. All tests came back clear. So my GI suggested another CT scan with contrast. As I had a CT two years prior for the same pains. Also, I had an endoscopy two years prior as well. Now after a couple of months of being on these stomach spasm...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand these symptoms of pain for such a long duration must be very annoying and upsetting you. Well, since you have already preliminary testing including a CT (computed tomography) scan, which apparently came normal make me think some rare and often non...  Read Full »

How to diagnose stomach problems?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had roti with spinach, which is home made. Today morning, I experienced a stomach bout, but not watery. Should I take a combination of antibiotics Ridol and Ulticept 500 mg along with Metrogyl and Eldoper? I am still feeling uneasy. Please guide me on this. Every 20 days, I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I was trying to understand your blood work. Is your TSH 14 and HbA1c 7%? The reason why I am concerned about these tests is because hyperthyroidism can cause recurrent diarrhea and if your HbA1c (diabetes) number is high it can also cause diarrhea. You can use the Rido...  Read Full »

Will chronic exposure to lead and asbestos lead to heart disease and heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old. I had a heart attack 12 years ago and now have three stents. By the way, I have no family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol and anything of that nature. I am a disabled military veteran and am 40% disabled as a result of being exposed to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It saddens me to hear of the whole difficulties you have gone through in the past years. I must recommend you for staying strong in the face of all these difficulties. I have thoroughly gone through all your detailed explanation and here is my view. Although I have ...  Read Full »