Q. I have unbearable pain in my left shoulder for five days. What to do?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

I cannot rotate my left shoulder from 5 days and continues sever pain which dont let me sleep

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

Hi.

The main shoulder joint is a ball-and-socket joint, which allows a very wide range of movement. The joint is surrounded by a tough fibrous sleeve called the capsule, which helps to hold the joint together. A group of four muscles and their tendons make up the rotator cuff, which controls movement and also helps to hold the joint together. There’s another smaller joint where the top of the shoulder blade meets the collarbone, the acromioclavicular joint.

You can take ACCELOFRNAC+PARACETAMOL tab for severe pain once a day for two days. Following exercise will help reduce pain and increase range of motion. Reducing the strain

When raising your arm or lifting objects, reduce the strain or pull on your shoulder by: keeping your elbow bent and in front of your body keeping your palm facing the ceiling. To lower your arm, bend your elbow, bringing your hand closer to your body.

Your pain should ease within 2 weeks. you should carry on with exercise for 6-7 weeks to help prevent symptoms returning

PENDULUM EXCERCISE: . Let your other arm hang down and try to swing it gently backwards and forwards and in a circular motion. Repeat about 5 times. Try this 2–3 times a day.

SHOULDER STRETCH: . Stand and raise your shoulders. Hold for 5 seconds. Squeeze your shoulder blades back and together and hold for 5 seconds. Pull your shoulder blades downward and hold for 5 seconds. Relax and repeat 10 times.

RAISING ARM AND BENDING TOWARDS SHOULDER. WALL WALK

all these exercise will not only help in reducing pain make shoulder to normal.

Also you can apply Diclofenac ointment and clean it with warm aftern10-15mins following hot water fermentation. it will help you reducing pain fast. follow up after 3 days for further investigation and medicines and exercise. thank you.

|