Q. I did not fall, but I have pain and swelling in my right leg, calf, knee, and thigh. Please help.

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

I am a 22-year-old female. There is a swelling in my right leg and pain in my calf for ten days. There is pain even when I am bending my knee. After two days, I have started experiencing pain in my right thigh as well. I did not fall or had any sprain. I am taking Diane 35 mg of the medicine for my hormone problem for PCOS. I started taking Diane 35 mg towards the end of last year.

#

I have gone through your query in detail. Based on which I can understand that you have pain and swelling in your right leg. The exact location is not precise, but it appears to be around the knee based on your query. And it has been a week since you have those symptoms. So I would like to know few details to see if there is anything to worry about.

1. Any difficulty in bearing weight or walking?

2. Any pain when you touch or press on the swelling?

3. Is there any improvement in symptoms over the last week?

4. Have you taken any treatment for these symptoms?

The most common and usual cause for these symptoms is physical strain due to overactivity. Which we usually do not consider significant. I would advise you to take some analgesic and local treatment like hot massage or analgesic spray. If symptoms do not resolve or worsen, it is better to get a simple X-ray to see for the cause. If you have pain while bearing weight or pain pressing over the swelling, it is better to get an X-ray earlier. I would be happy to help you if you have any further questions.

|