Q. I have pain in both feet while sitting. Why?

and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2022

I am a computer operator. While sitting, there is a pain in both the feet and in the lower part of the chest. Kindly help.

#

I went through your post. I would like to mention a few important causes of leg pain and body aches:

Vitamin D deficiency is very common in people with an indoor job because of less exposure to sunlight. I would suggest you start vitamin D supplements such as capsule Lumia 60K weekly for six weeks.

Diabetes is the most common cause of lower limb numbness and pain in people over 40 years of age. So, blood sugar fasting and the same after food called a postprandial need to be done. Although the most common cause for such pain in teenagers, hypothyroidism can also occur in adults. So, a TSH, T3, and T4 test need to be done. For the time being, I suggest taking sustained-release Pregabalin 75 mg once at bedtime.

Thank you for the reply.

It is very difficult to sleep at night. It feels like the back goes into the waist and the stomach. Please help.

#

I have mentioned medicines Pregabalin 75 mg once a day and capsule Lumia 60K (Vitamin D) weekly. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and start taking the medicines with their consent. If you have severe pain, I suggest taking tablet Naproxen 500 mg as and when required. But, I believe that will not be needed. However, I suggest going for an investigation to confirm the cause.

|