Q. What causes pain in leg after walking?

Dr. Aida Quka
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2020

I have got my left leg pain when I walk and stand after 30 minutes.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Your laboratory tests are quite normal and not indicative of any infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Considering the past medical history for seizures, I would recommend performing an EEG in order to exclude seizures as a possible cause underlying muscle twitching. Regarding the pain, I would recommend performing a Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels, coupled with nerve conduction studies in order to examine the nerves and leg vessels.

| 

Thank you so much. I am worried I will get brain tumors or something in my brain. I already did ultrasound of leg everything normal but doctor told me it is shin splint and physio told me to do muscles stretches. But I am worried why I am getting brain related symptoms even I heard radio like frequency and electric like pain in leg and hand parts. Is it a symptoms of brain tumors?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I do not think that your symptoms are related to any brain tumor. The cold sensation in the head is usually related to psychological stress (also called tension type headache). Regarding the muscle twitching it could also be related to anxiety or lack of regular physical activity. So I agree that regular physical activity and stretching exercises can help reduce muscle twitching. Anyway, considering your past medical history, I would recommend performing an EEG.

| 

My bicep muscle has been twitching. Is it due to ALS?

Query: Hello doctor, My bicep muscle has been twitching and my leg and arms muscles twitch occasionally. I am super anxious about ALS. I am 36 and postpartum six weeks but I cannot stop obsessing about ALS. Please help.  Read Full »

Why does my leg pain even after walking short distances?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and my leg pains while walking. Can I please know what is the reason behind this? This problem started nine years ago. But, now my leg pains after walking even 20 to 30 meters. I am currently on Thyroxine 50 mg. I have had a Doppler ultrasound. Please help.  Read Full »

Can sinus infection cause seizures?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing to get a second opinion for my relative. He is a 19 year old male. He had a seizure last year and the second seizure was on last week. His EEG was normal and also had an MRI. The doctors said that he has chronic sinusitis with thickened mucosa and they started giving him...  Read Full »