Q. With Lutera, I get slight bleeding, bloating, and tender breast with weight gain. Why?

Dr. Sujata Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 08, 2020

I have been using Lutera but recently, I started having some problems. I have been bloated and my period began on the 14th (it usually lasts for four to six days), so the assumption was that it would conclude on the 19th. It is 23rd and I am still lightly bleeding, but my breast are tender again. I wanted to ask if this could possibly be side effects of the birth control or if there was possibly some other reason for this. I did do some research and I found that Lutera had been recalled a couple of times. I did stop taking it for a while to see if it only happened with the birth control and upon getting back on it the symptoms have persisted. I feel like I am gaining weight as well as breaking out with acne a lot more. Please suggest an opinion.

#

Lutera has multiple side effects and is not really good contraception. In fact, all oral contraceptives are not a very good option as contraceptives. Bloating, weight gain, irregular spotting, are a few side effects. Larger and other bad side effects are marked suppression of ovulation leading to suppression of the biological clock of females. It changes the vaginal environment and therefore causes the growth of multiple bacteria. It is also known to cause obesity, diabetes, HT (hypertension), and breast lumps.

The best is condoms by the partner and vaginal tablet to be inserted at the time of contact. Kindly stop taking that tablet. Take capsule Primosa 1000 mg once daily. Also, take supplement of antioxidants like grape seed extract and multivitamins.

Stop taking pills.

|