Life Style Changes For Back Pain

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: "Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally". (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

Why does my back pain more in the morning and less in the evening?

Query: Hello doctor, I have low back pain since 5 years. The pain comes once in every 3 to 4 months. The pain is more in the morning and less in the evening. Why does this pattern occur? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned persistent low back pain for 5 years as your main problem. It is a known scientific fact that when you go to bed, the muscles in the body relax subconsciously, due to which any inflammatory pain is felt more. When you start with some activity, then...  Read Full »

I am suffering from back pain when I get up in the morning. What can be the reason?

Query: Hello Doctor,   I am a 23 year old male suffering from back pain. Mostly pain occurs during sleep at night and soon after I wake up in the morning. And the pain vanishes after sometime (approximately 10-15 minutes). What could be the reason for the pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  There are many reasons for back pain like  Muscular strain  Inconvenient posture  Urinary infection  Facet joint disorders We may have to do some investigations to pinpoint the source of pain before starting the treatment. As of now do hot water fomentation and tak...  Read Full »