Q. I am very lazy and want to change my way of living life. Please advise.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2021

I am planning daily for 15 years to wake up early in the morning and do some exercise or yoga, but I cannot wake up early and do exercise in my lifestyle. I put alarm but daily when the alarm starts I very fastly switch it off. I am unable to break my comfort zone. I am so lazy in work that I can take a whole day to write a simple official letter's reply. I am very slow in doing every work. For example, if I go to the toilet and bathing, I take almost one hour. If I go to wash my clothes, I will do it almost in one hour. I want to change my way of living life and do everything with proper time and duration. I want to come out of my comfort zone and do things with proper timing. So please advise.

#

I understand it is difficult to keep yourself motivated and win over yourself. That is the hardest part of life. To start with, please limit and write down goals first. Make sure your goals must be practical, which you can do easily. Start with small steps, e.g., If you want to start exercise, do not limit yourself to morning time with 1hr. Start with any time in a day for 15-20mins, also start with a simple walk. Please remember intensity and duration also keep us motivated. Once you establish a routine, then you can keep it moving. Also, it is better to do it with a friend or partner. It also helps in motivation. For other activities, apply a similar rule.

|