Q. I am feeling lightheaded constantly, and have back pain. Please help me.

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan

I am feeling lightheaded constantly, and having abdominal and back pain. I have been taking Protonix 40 mg at night. I am attaching my laboratory results for CBC, CMP, UA, lactate, PTT, and INR. I have just been feeling generally unwell these past six months. Please help me.

#

I hope you are safe from the pandemic. I went through all of your work up (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Minor observations are there. Neutrophils are borderline. Hemoglobin is also on the borderline higher side. A low-grade fever and possible dehydration explain this. Low-grade fever could also be exertional. CT (computed tomography) is unremarkable except for minor vertebral changes (might be postural). BP (blood pressure) is also touching upper limits. Nothing seems wrong. You need to get a few more tests done:

1) ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).

2) CRP (C-reactive protein).

3) Blood culture and sensitivity.

4) Ferritin test to rule out any possible infection or inflammatory process.

Get the investigations done, and please get back for further queries.

|