Q. Can I take Liv 52 when my ALT, AST and GGT are high in liver function test?

Dr. J N Naidu

My ALT107.8, AST 72.5, and GGT 103 are high in my LFT test. Please advice a medication or shall I have Liv 52. I do not have any other complaints.

#

Please understand that biochemical tests are interpreted with clinical symptoms.

Liver function tests (LFT) indicate mild liver cell injury. I would suggest you stop smoking and drinking alcohol. I want to emphasize that there is no medication to treat once the liver is damaged severely. I would suggest you take Evion (Vitamin E) 200 mg 30 capsules, one capsule daily after dinner for 30 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take the medicines with their consent. Eat more boiled vegetables & fruits. Increase physical activity slowly.

Please review after one month. Please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

Thank you doctor. I am taking some ayurvedic medicine as well for thyroid I am not smoking and drinking.

#

What are ayurvedic medicines? What are the dosage and duration? What is the health issue for which you are using ayurvedic medicines?

I will think about how best I can help you.

|