Q. I have the feeling of loneliness. How to deal with it?

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki
Published on Sep 28, 2018

I have a mind flip problem. My emotions get changed every hour. I am studying and living in a hostel. I have the feeling of loneliness. I do not want to be alone. I do not know how to deal with it.

#

Mood swings with frequent low mood episodes can occur due to lots of causes. If there is variation in a menstrual cycle, it can be a premenstrual syndrome. If you have a predominantly low mood, it can be dysthymia which is a low grade chronic long-term depression. As you are living in a hostel, it is very obvious to lack proper family support. You should have adequate talk to your parents. I know it is tough to visit your home frequently as you are studying.

Try to share your thoughts with your friends. Make such friends who listen to you and take proper care of you. If still, you face the similar problem, I would suggest you visit a psychiatrist for appropriate assessment. Do not worry. I am sure that you will be fine with a proper friend and family support. You do not require antidepressants or mood stabilizer drugs.

What is the solution for PMS and painful period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking you on behalf of my friend. Here are the symptoms, which she had around three to seven days before bleeding. All symptoms of PMS along with occasional migraine with glaucoma, nausea, pain in the lower part of spine and cramps. On the first day of bleeding, she is having pain...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is dysmenorrhea with premenstrual syndrome. If the pains are severe and symptoms are uncontrollable, then please follow the following prescription. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Tablet Arcalion (S...  Read Full

Why do I have abdominal pain after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex 19 days back. My period is always regular and my expected date was in the first week the following month. I had uneasiness and fatigue by the end of last month. Left side upper abdominal pain started a week back. It comes occasionally and goes on its own. Occasionall...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms appear more of premenstrual syndrome and as you had a day of bleeding with on and off lower abdominal pain off and on. There is likelihood that your menses shall resume again in few days unless you have conceived. Urine pregnancy test is not sensitive...  Read Full