Q. Which part of my lungs are not good because of COVID-19?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

I had COVID-19, and I would like for a pulmonologist to see my x-ray and tell me if I have some problems. Also, I would like to know which parts of my lungs are not good because of COVID.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you had a history of COVID-19 infection. According to your x-ray films that are provided here, it seems to be normal to me. Your x-ray film shows bilaterally vascular enlargement or vascular markings are prominent in the middle lobe, which is common in one-third of patients who are COVID positive or who had a history of COVID-19 infection. If you have been suffering from severe cough, shortness of breath, or exertional dyspnoea, then you can undergo HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) of the chest for excluding COVID associated any respiratory complications. Again, according to your pulmonary function test, both FEV1 (forced expiratory volume during the first), as well as FVC (forced expiratory volume), are above 80% that are considered as normal, and FEV1/FVC ratio is above 70%, which is also normal. So, you have no obstructive type or restrictive type of lung disease at present. I have also gone through all your reports, and I have not found any abnormalities. One or two raised parameters do not confirm anything. So do not be worried at all. According to the x-ray film, I have already mentioned that it seems to be normal to me, and the presence of prominent vascularities are quite normal in the case of COVID positive patients.

|